December to May
If you’ve never explored the Wasatch Mountain backcountry before, our introductory classics are the gateway for a new world of adventure!
This introductory tour 1-day includes all the necessary instruction and tips on technique and fine-tuning as needed. The skiing features gentle rolling terrain suitable for people of all abilities, and with any luck, some of Utah’s famous powder. The runs on this exciting day will vary from lower angle tree skiing on low-visibility days, to easy summits. You will get our top pick of panoramic views and fabulous descents – but with the very shortest approach. These ski trips are suitable for those who have never toured before, and depending on conditions, take place in either Little or Big Cottonwood Canyons.
An average day will include time for lunch, and approximately 1,500 – 2,500 feet of climbing over the course of six hours.
- Difficulty: No backcountry experience necessary; intermediate to advanced downhill ski ability and good fitness required
- Meeting Time: Generally 8am
- Meeting Location: Big or Little Cottonwood Park and Ride Lot, Alta or Brighton, depending on objective
What We Provide:
- IFMGA ski and mountaineering guides
- Avalanche beacon, shovel, probe and pack (if needed)
What You Need:
- Alpine touring, telemark ski or split-snowboard equipment
- Review the equipment list
- Lunch, water and snacks
- Lift Accessed Tours: cost of "single-ride lift ticket" is additional
These are Private Courses so simply contact us to schedule
Cost depending on Student to Instructor Ratio:
- 1:1 $450
- 2:1 $300 per person
- 3:1 $250 per person
- 4:1 $225 per person