Guided Rock Climbing in Utah (Half-Day)
For those looking for a break from work, we offer half day climbing trips in Little or Big Cottonwood Canyon. HALF-DAY trips run for 4 hours with flexible meeting times throughout the day. Absolutely NO prior climbing experience is required.
For the more seasoned climber, rest assured that even in 4 hours, we can ensure that you get on the highest quality, full-value routes in the Wasatch Range. Some approaches can take as little as a minute. Climbing with a certified Mountain Guide guide who’s intimately familiar with the area really is a no brainer!
In our FULL-DAY outings, we have the time to hike to routes that grant us incredible solitude, and explore the longer routes on offer in the area. We are able to take the time to cover intermediate to advanced topics such as speed vs time-efficiency, belaying strategies, and descending longer routes.
The Cottonwood Canyons have literally everything you can think of, and more! Slabs, cracks, steeps and overhangs, and our unique diversity of rock from granite, quartzite to limestone. Some walls in Little Cottonwood Canyon reach 1,100ft feet in height and offer up to 10 pitches! Grades vary from 5.4 to 5.11, and some of our favorites include:
- West Slabs (10 pitches, 5.5)
- Steort’s Ridge (three pitches, 5.6)
- Schoolroom (five pitches, 5.6)
- Outside Corner (four pitches 5.7)
- Tingey’s Terror (seven pitches, 5.7)
- Pentapitch (three to five pitches, 5.8)
- The Dorsal Fin (three pitches, 5.10d)
- Triple Overhangs (four pitches, 5.10a)
- Stiffler’s Mom (seven pitches, 5.11a)
… just to name a few. There are hundreds more to discover!
Half-Day: 4 Hours
- 1:1 $275 ($300 weekend)
- $50 each additional climber, 4 maximum.
- Client to Guide Ratio: Max 4:1
- Duration: 4 hours