From Gym to Crag: Learn to Lead Climb and Manage Top Rope Sites
Transitioning from your local gym to outside rock climbing does require an adjustments to your technical and risk management skills. That's why our AMGA certified guides (Single Pitch Instructor at a minimum) offer a full day course to help you with your introduction to managing a crag including lead climbing, lead belay, setting up top rope anchors, cleaning anchors, and managing your risks.
This course is for intermediate to advanced gym climbers, or those with intermediate experience climbing top rope outside. If you're new to climbing, consider our Learn to Rock Climb Course.
- Lead sport routes
- Place quickdraws
- Lead belay
- Set up and Clean anchors
- Manage top rope routes
- Improve your climbing technique
- Plus more!
- Starting August 13th, every Sunday until October 22, 2023
- This is a public coures. There will be a maximum of 4 students. A minimum of 2 students must enroll in order for the course to take place.
- Price: $250 per person.
- Important: a minimum of 2 people must sign up for the course in order to run the course. If we are short participants, we will credit you for an open course in the future.
- Max client to guide ratio is 4:1. We feel it is important to keep the course small for the maximum benegit of all the participants.
- Duration is approximately 8 hours.
- Learn the essential skills to propel a new climbing hobby to the next level, with a certified guide mentoring you and managing risk.
- Meet your experienced IFMGA Mountain Guides and instructors: Todd Passey and Willie Benegas