Guided Introduction to Outside Rock Climbing
Do you want to learn to rock climb outside but don’t know where to start? Start right here at WMG with our internationally certified and experienced IFMGA Mountain Guides! We’ll give you the clarity on all those doubts so that you can get 100% comfortable climbing outside.
You will learn the basics of equipment, outdoor ropework, anchors, and much more. WMG customizes all teaching to your personal goals. WMG is here to create you a personalized set of goals. Our learning experiences are highly customized to each and every individual, to fulfil your goals. Each course lasts 8 hours.
The curriculum covered in WMG’s Learn to Rock Climb courses are developed over time, according to individuals experience and goals.
- Learn what equipment you need
- Managing knot tying, belaying, rappelling, and rope management
- Climbing techniques, considerations for body and feet
- Gain insight into how to assess site hazards
- Managing a top-rope site
- Top-rope anchor versus a multi-pitch anchor
- Anchoring equipment
- Learn the highest standards for anchors
- Receive constructive feedback from a professional guide
- Gain the knowledge to build anchors and climb on your own
- Descending considerations
- Starting August 12th, every Saturday until October 21, 2023
- This is a public coures. There will be a maximum of 4 students. A minimum of 2 students must enroll in order for the course to take place.
Learn the essential skills to propel a new climbing hobby to the next level, with a certified guide managing risk.
Max client to guide ratio is 4:1.
Duration is approximately 8 hours.