Wasatch Mountain Guide’s two-day Moab Desert Towers program prepares and guides you to the summit of one of twenty different iconic world-famous sandstone formations. We propose tower ascents for one or two climbers on spires ranging in difficulty from 5.7 to 5.11.
Moab Desert Towers requires climbing skills that are unique to the Colorado Plateau. If this is your first tower adventure, Todd or Willie are specialists at suggesting the best climb for you and showing you the necessary skills to reach the summit. Take your traditional climbing abilities to the next level.
- Day 1: Training for your climb. This day will be based on your current experience level. Spend the day climbing with your certified guide, learning specific skills for climbing a desert tower. Revisit belay and rappelling skills, how to clean and rack climbing protection, stripping anchors, etc.
- Climbings route types reviewed and practiced will be: off-widths, chimney climbs, hand and finger cracks.
- Day 2: Meet your guide at the trailhead. Expect a 45 minute to one hour appraoch up the talus cone to the tower base. Use the skills learned from the day before to accomplish your climb, summiting a tower particular to your abilities.
- We offer over twenty different towers to climb. A few of the classics include Ancient Art in the Fischer Towers. The Kor Ingles route on Castleton Tower, one of North America’s 50 Classic Climbs in Castle Valley. Lonely Vigil is located on the Light House Tower on River Road.
- Day 3-4: Expect the same as Day 2. Itinerary may change for advanced climbers according to skill level and desired outcome.
Max Client to Guide Ratio:
- Beginner 4:1
- Advanced 2:1
Contact us or Book Trip to learn more concerning dates and equipment needed.