Use a lift to access superb backcountry terrain with a ski guide.
Lifts provide us with speedy access to high mountain terrain. We will reach the Wasatch’s uppermost elevations and stack up vertical with considerably less hiking or skinning. We may make a ‘one-up’ to gain altitude on our way to more remote peaks, or return to the lifts multiple times, combining lifts with short hikes and traverses in order to enjoy untracked powder adjacent to the resorts.
Before or after booking with Wasatch Mountain Guides, read our summary about a day ski touring with Wasatch Mountain Guides!
- Difficulty: no backcountry experience is necessary, intermediate to advanced downhill ski ability and good fitness required.
- Meeting Time: Generally 8am
- Meeting Location: Big or Little Cottonwood Park and Ride Lot, Alta or Brighton, depending on objective
What We Provide:
- IFMGA certified ski and mountaineering guides
- Avalanche beacon, shovel, probe and pack (if needed)
What You Need:
- Alpine touring, telemark ski or split-snowboard equipment
- Review the equipment list (sent upon booking)
- Lunch, water and snacks
- Lift Accessed Tours: cost of "single-ride lift ticket" is additional
Before You Head Out:
- The guide will do a verbal gear check and confirm that waivers have been signed.
- The guide will inform you what to do incase of emergency.
- The guide will give you an overview of the day with estimated completion time.
Ending the Day
Your day will usually end where your day began (at one of the parking lots or at your lodge). Directions to parking areas where we often meet. Always confirm the meeting place with your guide.
Price per Person:
1:1 $475 ($500 weekend)
2:1 $325 ($350 weekend)
3:1 $275 ($300 weekend)
4:1 $250 ($275 weekend)
Max Client to Guide Ratio:
- We can book groups larger than four and will add an additional guide to the group, keeping max client to guide ratio 4:1. Price remains at $250 ($275 weekend) per person