Advanced Tours & Ski Mountaineering
These fully-customized ski trips are breathtaking, inspiring, and leave you with new skills and outstanding know how!
ADVANCED TOURS & SKI MOUNTAINEERING
WMGs more advanced tours focus on covering a wide variety of terrain and aspects with the best snow. These days are for those interested and capable of bigger objectives of a longer duration, with more hazard considerations. Because this type of tour requires solid physical stamina and good skinning technique, clients must be approved beforehand either through someone we know, or prior outing(s) with WMG.
A day will include time for lunch, plus 5,000 to 8,000 feet of climbing and skiing over roughly eight hours.
These fully-customized ski trips are breathtaking, inspiring, and leave you with new skills and outstanding know how. This might your choice for an objective such as the South Face of Superior, Pfifferhorn or any big committing ideas. You’ll love these trips if you:
- Have some off piste experience, but yearn to dig into backcountry powder skiing, with greater confidence in route finding and deep turns during longer steeper descents
- Have an avvy cert and great skiing ability, but want gain the skills to rappel into something more serious
- Want to gain the skills to ski tour the Utah backcountry unguided
- Want to hone in on all the skills you are either missing, or need to fine tune in order to enjoy the winter mountains independently
- Hope to run your own ski mountaineering expedition
- Want to plan extended-length trips in winter conditions
Our aim is to get you out in the mountains unguided in the future, by gaining backcountry ski planning, weather skills, avalanche concerns and routes, plan Bs, safety plans, camp locations, group dynamics, and plenty more!
- Difficulty: Because this tour requires solid physical stamina and good skinning technique, clients must be approved beforehand either through someone we know, or prior outing(s) with WMG
- Meeting Time: Generally 7am
- Meeting Location: Big or Little Cottonwood Park and Ride Lot, Alta or Brighton, depending on objective
What We Provide:
- IFMGA ski and mountaineering guides
- Avalanche beacon, shovel, probe and pack (if needed)
What You Need:
- Review the advanced equipment list
- Lunch, water and snacks
- Lift Accessed Tours: cost of “single-ride lift ticket” is additional
- These are private guided days so simply contact us to schedule
Cost depending on Client to Guide Ratio:
- 1:1 $500
- 2:1 $330 per person
Save your spot now. Complete the form below and we’ll get back to you shortly.